The Senior Citizen Department offers a wide variety of programs, activities and support services for the older residents of the Riverhead community. Located at 60 Shade Tree Lane in Aquebogue, 1 1/2 miles from Town Hall, this building is disability accessible, and includes a large dining room, auditorium, state of the art kitchen, an assortment of additional rooms for billiards, computers and crafts, as well as a TV room and a Conference Room.
The Center offers a hot, nutritionally balanced noon meal, which is prepared and cooked on the premises Monday through Friday. Stop by on any given day, and a dedicated and caring member of our staff will welcome you to the Center, give you a tour of the building, and do their best to make you feel comfortable. And while you walk around, you might just be enticed to join one of the may activities you see - bingo, line dancing, aerobic exercise, or a feature movie on our wide screen TV, just to name a few.
THE SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER
2019 Senior Program Interest Survey
Senior Center Activities Schedule
Senior Center Monthly Menu
Seniors Keeping in Touch
(HEAP) Home Energy Assistance Program
Senior Citizen Resource Guide-being updated, please check back soon
MAP - My Aging Plan
- WELCOMES all Senior Citizens age 60 years and older, who reside in the Town of Riverhead.
- LOCATED on South end of Shade Tree Land. The Main Entrance is located on the north side of the building.
- OPEN weekdays from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- MEALS are prepared on site and served daily, Monday through Friday:
- LIGHT BREAKFAST served 8:30-10:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday
- NOONTIME HOT MEALS served Monday through Friday.
- RECREATIONAL activities include billiards, bingo, music, video movies, parties for special occasions and arts & crafts.
- COMPUTER Room for Seniors
- SOCIAL WORKER available from the Suffolk County Department for the Aging twice a month, to assist with questions and information which concern Senior Citizens.
- LIBRARY BOOKS AND DVDS for loan
- SCREENING for blood pressure, every Tuesday through Project Care.
- TRANSPORTATION to and from the Center is available daily for those unable to drive.
- ANNUAL FLU shots
SENIOR CITIZEN CONFERENCE
An annual Senior Citizen Conference is held in the spring for all Riverhead Seniors. The day begins with a continental breakfast, which is followed by a keynote speaker, lunch and a choice of two afternoon workshops.
For Location & Information
Please Call Riverhead Senior Center
(631) 722-4444 ext. 290